You are lucky enough to get the number of a girl you like, but what do you do next? If you’re too nervous to call, then text a girl.
To text a girl you like, you just have to learn how to flirt without coming on too strong. If you want some tips for texting a girl you like, just keep on reading this particular article.
1. Be original. Try to send your girl a text that not just any guy could send. Don’t just say hi or send her a weird emoticon; find a way to make her smile or to pique her interest. Do whatever you have to do to make her think, “Hey, there’s something special about this guy. I want to keep talking to him.” Here are some ways to be original: Charm her with your wit. Make a witty observation that shows the girl your unique way of looking at the world. Make her laugh. Show her that you can be clever–even over-texting. Tell her something she hasn’t heard before. If you just heard an amazing piece of news that you know will make her jaw drop, share your knowledge.
2. Ask a good question. A question is a great place to start because then your girl will know that you’re waiting for an answer. You don’t want to leave her with that, “What am I supposed to say to that?” feeling, so the more direct and specific you are, the better. Here are some great ways to ask a question: Ask about her day or her week. If you knew she had an important event on the horizon, ask how it went. Make sure the question is something she can easily answer. Don’t ask about the meaning of life; ask the girl what she’s doing for the 4th of July. Keep it simple. Just one short sentence can communicate a large message. Keep it open-ended. Instead of asking, “What time did you get home from the concert last night?” say, “How was the concert last night?” This will give your girl more to work with. If you ask a question that can be answered in just one or two words, then you may be cutting off the conversation before it had a chance to start.
3. Don’t try too hard. If you’re trying too hard when you’re first texting a girl, she’ll be able to tell right away. Remember to be yourself and don’t go out of your way to say something that doesn’t even sound like you just because you think it will impress her. The worst part about trying too hard is that the girl will be able to tell that you’re doing it right away. Remember to relax. Don’t send her a long or feverish-sounding text message. Just one sentence at a time is just fine. Don’t try too hard to be funny. If being funny comes natural to you, great, but if you find yourself writing “hahaha” after your own sentences to show her that you’re making a joke, then you should take a step back. Remember that your girl is probably a little nervous too. This should make you feel better about conversing. Just be yourself, and don’t sweat over trying to say the perfect thing.
4. Be engaging. Show your girl that you’re capable of keeping up a fun conversation over the phone. In turn, she’ll think that you can hold up your end of a conversation in person. Your goal in texting the girl you like is giving her just a sliver of your personality and making her want more. If you fascinate the girl, she’ll keep wanting to talk to you. Here’s how to do it: Find a common interest. Though you don’t have to talk about your political or religious beliefs while texting, you should find a common interest. Even if it’s just a TV show or a band, this will allow you to continue. Mention something you’re passionate about, such as soccer or even cooking pasta. This will catch her eye. Communicate that you’re willing to spend time on things that interest you. If you’re hanging out with friends or practicing with your band, tell her. She’ll be more interested in you if she knows you have a life. Show off your wit. If she says something funny, don’t just say “Ha ha” and end the conversation. Instead, say something funny back and show her that you can keep up.
5. Show that you care about her. There are a few easy ways to show the girl that you care about her without being obvious about it. Sending a text at the right time can let her know that you’re thinking about her and that she’s important to you. Here’s how to show your girl that you care through your texts: Show that you value her opinion. Ask her what she thinks about a certain subject, like a new movie that’s playing or a new restaurant that just opened up.Ask her open-ended questions about herself. You shouldn’t get too personal, but if it comes up, ask what she’s up to or what she likes to do on the weekends. Show that you remember your conversations. If she told you that she had a big test coming up, impress her by sending her a “good luck” text the evening before.
6. Don’t overdo it. You need to make sure that your feelings are reciprocated and that you’re not bombarding her with texts that aren’t welcome. You can show you’re interested but should avoid coming off as needy, annoying, or just plain embarrassing. Here are some ways to avoid coming on too strong: Make sure there’s an equal flow of conversation. If you text her ten times for every one or two responses you get, it’s time to back off. Don’t text her the second you hear from her. If it takes her a day to get back to you, just chill. If you fire back a text five minutes after she finally responds you’ll seem overeager — and even desperate. Keep it cool, confident,and comfortable. Avoid excessive emoticons. Though the occasional well-placed emoticon is a great way to flirt, don’t overdo it. Avoid crazy punctuation or capitalization.
7. Know when it’s time to end the conversation. If you want to keep your girl interested, then you should stop your texting sessions at the right time, or she’ll get bored with your lengthy exchanges. Whether the girl seems busy or if you simply have nothing left to say: it’s important to know when to stop texting her and try again later. Here are some signs that you should end the conversation: If the girl is always the one to end the conversation, then maybe you should avoid texting her for a while until she initiates something herself. If the girl is only giving you one-word responses, she may be too busy or not just interested enough to chat with you. If the girl takes hours or even days to text you back, then maybe it’s time to take it easy. Respect the fact that she has her own life to deal with, and move on with your own. But don’t be upset, leave it in peace and remain positive. The opportunity to connect with her could be around the corner.