Sarkodie’s status as unarguably the best rapper in Ghana means fans and neutrals would like to relate to everything that embodies him as a celeb and a role model.
For this reason, this write-up highlights some keys aspect of Sarkodie’s personality we think you have no idea about. Perhaps you can add these basic facts to your knowledge as well.
1. He is considered one of the major proponents of the Azonto genre and dance.
Sarkodie’s song U Go Kill Me ft fellow rapper E.L is often said to be the song that heralded the Azonto craze and thus, credited with the creation of the internationally recognized dance, although many Ghanaian pundits dispute this.
2. Sarkodie is often named as one of Africa’s greatest hip-hop artists.
3. Lynx TV ranked him 1st on its list of the “Top 10 Ghanaian Rappers of All Time
Name any rapper, past and present who’s better than Sarkodie in terms of lyrical prowess, commercial success and stagecraft. Of course, there’s no one!
4. He attended Tema Methodist Senior High School.
That’s where he developed his craft more to become the beast he’s today.
5. His mom’s name is Maame Aggrey
Yeah, that’s the woman who gave us this star.
6. He earned a degree in graphic design from IPMC
Well, evidently the rap blood in him took away the certificate…LOL!
7. He was first managed by Duncan Williams of Duncwills Entertainment
8. Sarkodie chose his rap name because of his father’s friends.
In an interview with Ghanaian talk show host and satirist Kwaku Sintim-Misa popularly known as KSM, Sarkodie whose real name is Michael Owusu Addo disclosed the reason for choosing the stage name Sarkodie.
He said his reason for choosing the name was that he associated the name with success. According to Sarkodie, growing up, all the people he knew with that name, who were his father’s friends, were rich so he believed having that name would help him find riches in his music career. He later reiterated this in a conversation with M.anifest.
Thanks for reading today’s news from GHKasa and we urge you to spread this news across the various social media networks and do follow us on our social media platforms as well. on; Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and more for the latest news over the web. Send your news stories to email@example.com and via WhatsApp on 0241481651.