This festive season, the whole family can once again enjoy great entertainment from DStv and M-Net Movies with two specially curated kids’ movie festivals for DStv Premium and DStv Access customers.
The M-Net Movies Smile Animania Festival (DStv Channel 105) and the M-Net Movies Zone Kids Club Festival (DStv Channel 139) launch on Tuesday 4 December and will run until Tuesday 14 January 2020.
The M-Net Movies Smile Animania Festival (Channel 105) offers DStv Premium viewers the opportunity to experience some of the greatest animated movies of all time, all-day-everyday. The festival opens the doorway to a world filled with fantasy, adventure, excitement, suspense, mystery and love that brings a visual spectacle of rich, larger-than-life, family content led by heavyweight Disney and Pixar movies. The festival will run six super fun, awesomely themed weeks with a huge animated title every day at 5pm. The much-loved festival boasts smash-hit titles such as:
- Week one (Adventura driven by strong, larger than life characters): Ferdinand; The Nut Job; The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature; Wreck-It Ralph, and Ralph Breaks The Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2.
- Week two (Disney Powerhouse, a mix of the old and new entertaining box office smash hits): Hundred and One Dalmatians (1961) and The Jungle Book (1967), A Bug’s Life, Cars 2 and The Incredibles 2.
- Week three (A delightful forest fantasy): Tinker Bell, Tinker Bell and The Lost Treasure, Tinker Bell and The Legend of the Neverbeast, Tinker Bell and The Pirate Fairy, Return to Neverland, Peter Pan and The Legend of Smurfy Hollow.
- Week four (Magnificent Disney classics): Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs and Pinocchio.
- Week five (All aboard adventure): Jetsons: The Movie; Sinbad: Legend of The Seven Seas; The Steam Engines of Oz; Treasure Planet; The Road To El Dorado; Up, and Planes.
- Week six (A royal treasure trove with charm and majesty): A Royal Affair; The Snow Queen; The Snow Queen 2; The Snow Queen 3; The Little Prince; The Prince of Egypt; Justin and The Knights of Valour, and Charming.
The M-Net Movies Zone Kids Club Festival (DStv Channel 139) will run every day from 12pm to 5pm. The festival proudly brings DStv Access viewers the fantasy and intrigue of the Harry Potter series, one of the most successful in cinema history. Viewers will be transported to the spellbinding world of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the third week of December, from Tuesday 17 December through to Sunday, 22 December kicking-off with the first instalment, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone. Screening times for the other films in the series are:
- Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets: Wednesday, 18 December at 2:20pm.
- Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix: Thursday, 19 December at 2:43pm.
- Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince: Friday, 20 December at 1:05pm.
- Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Part 1 on Saturday, 21 December at 1:05pm.
- Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 on Sunday, 22 December at 2:10pm.
The M-Net Movies Zone Kids Club Festival (DStv Channel 139) also vaunts firm favourites among the youth, such as Mirror Mirror; Spud 1, 2 and 3; Problem Child 1 and 2; What A Girl Wants; Furry Vengeance: How to Eat Fried Worms; and Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life.
So, the coolest place to be this holiday season is with DStv and M-Net Movies. M-Net Movies Zone (DStv channel 139) is available to DStv Access customers and up and M-Net Movies Smile (DStv channel 105) is available to Premium customers. These movies will also be available on DStv CatchUp. Fans can visit the M-Net website and follow all the latest movie news and join the conversation on Twitter @mnetmovies / #MNetMovies and on the official M-Net Facebook page.