MenzGold and Zylofon Media opened it’s branch in Nigeria yesterday and a concert is dubbed ¨Naija Invasion” was organized for Zylofon signees and top Nigerian artist to grace the new ” Naija Invasion ” but seems all did not go well for the Ghanaian reps from Zylofon Media.
Ricky Rick, a social media influence and critic expressed his thoughts about the concert dubbed “Naija Invasion” and Ghkasa.com decided to share to the world to also share their thoughts on what Ricky Rick shared.
On the bill, were all the signees on the Zylofon Music record label namely Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Becca, Kumi Guitar, Joyce Blessing and Obibini, while 2Baba, Patoranking, M.I, Phyno, Olamide, Ycee, Tekno and Niniola made up the list for the Nigerian hosts.
Below is a lengthy statement made by Ricky, you can also leave your comments below and watch the full performance of all the artist billed to perform below;
ZYLOFON/MENZGOLD NAIJA INVASION – (MY OVERVIEW)
– Good move by NAM1 to invade Nigeria and introduce/expose the Zylofon Media brand but it was just a waste of resources in my opinion.
– It was clear the Fans/Patrons were not familiar with Zylofon Media (Ghanaian Artists/Songs) and I thought instead of a Concert (with so much investment) it should have been a Media Tour, Meet and Greet, TV/Radio deals to Promote Ghanaian (Zylofon) music
– Why organize a show to perform songs that Fans don’t know. M.I, TuFace, D’Banj, Mavin’s will storm Ghana when they’re well aware their PROMOTIONS have gone down well with their Target – (well NAM1 get too much money maybe – but Naija tycoons get f**kng money too) and won’t operate in this manner. We’re still misplacing priorities and no wonder Kumi Guitar had to resort to singing “Yellow sisi dey for corner – Money palava”.
It may not matter but first impression counts. When you hear so much about an Artist and you attend their concert and they don’t impress you it reforms your opinion
– King Promise seemed to have done something right as he embarked on a Media tour days before the event (Great move bro) and it worked for him during his performance (CCTV). The song is a cheeky tune (as we all know) making it easy for anyone to connect and jam to.
– Shatta Wale (and his Fans) by now know their stance in Nigeria – and that’s obviously why your Timeline is silent till this point.
His Stage craft, Fan Communication, Energy and Humor is always EXCITING – but when THEY DON’T KNOW YOU, THEY DON’T KNOW YOU. Plus his songs are not the type they could easily RELATE to (or that will catch you at the first hearing)
– He performed All his Hit songs (for almost 2 minutes each) including verses – but we know he doesn’t perform songs for long before you hear “Vyrusky Vyrusky next Track – next chrack”.
Track list: Kakai, Mahama Paper, Hol’ It, Bulletproof, Dancehall King, Gbetiti (with Dammy Krane), Hossanna (with Burna Boy), Ayoo, We Taking Over, Gringo
– Anytime the Nigerians joined him on stage (Burna Boy and Dammy Krane) the crowd reaction changed. The Nigerian artists showed him enough respect on stage with M.I introducing him on stage with a lot of accolades – “The next artist has done something I’ve never seen in my entire life. Nobody believed in him and now the WHOLE WORLD somtin somtin……………..”
– At least a step has been made for GH Music to reach Nigeria but trust me – GLO has organized a lot of concerts but we still don’t REMEMBER them because they’re failing to play the Ghanaian card.
If VIP, Sarkodie and Nasty C has been able to charge up a Nigerian crowd then trust me if we PROMOTE and EXPOSE our music well in Nigeria, we wouldn’t need organizing concerts there – they’d rather book us for their events.
– ………. I won’t talk about the other acts because after Shatta Wale i went to sleep knowing there was “no hope”… And ampa Stonebwoy didn’t wow the crowd either