Karima Nibaradun is a professional Teacher who has dedicated nine years of progressing experience in teaching in rural schools.
She is passionate about creating a better and comfortable environment for rural children to reach their potentials and also compete with their peers in the outside world.
After graduating from teacher Training College, her biggest wish was to teach in a town school where most schools had resources to make teaching easier. She was however, pushed by her dad to go to a rural school where he thought her services were more needed. Karima listened and her passion for volunteering started after an encounter with a girl in her class.
Ms. Nibaradun has single handedly appealed for donations mostly on social media to help the less privileged and also secure resources for schools she has taught . Some of these projects carried out and some still in progress are:
- Donating maths set and sanitary pads to rural pupils sitting for their BECE every year.
- Donating sanitary pads to girls every month and taking them through personal and menstrual hygiene.
- Construction of a makeshift classroom .
- 25 metal desks for her previous school and currently constructing about 26 metal desks for her current school.
- Fixing of 18 windows in her current school ( on going)educational materials and sporting equipment for her previous school.
She was recently appointed as the Headteacher for Woloyiri R/C KG/ Primary School which is located in the Wa West District in the Upper West Region.
She was recently given a sponsorship package to Scotland by an organization called Paperclip Community Networks due to her dedication, commitment and passion towards her work.
Karima Nibaradun is a ‘RURAL TEACHER’ trying to contribute to improving the standards of education in rural schools.
She is very curious and love to try her hands on anything creative.