In music, there is an element called branding that helps to differentiate one artiste from the other. One of the branding elements is the name branding element.
This type of branding helps to promote and makes it easy for audience to identify them. Sometimes because of these brand names, it makes it difficult to know the real names of artistes as it overshadows their real names.
Particularly in Ghana, most artistes are only known for their stage names and their real names will really amaze you as you never could have guessed they were called by them.
The following are the brand names of some new artistes trending in Ghana at the moment in no arranged order.
1.Patapaa – Justice Amoah
2. Kuami Eugene – Eugene Kwame Marfo
3. KiDi – Dennis Nana Dwamena
4. King Promise – Gregory Bortey Newman
5. Kwasi Arthur – Emmanuel Kwesi Danso Arthur
6. B4 Bonah – Frederick Amoako Bonah
7. Medikal – Samuel Adu Frimpong
8. Donzy Chaka – Elias Ewusi Essel
9. Article Wan – Bright Homenya
10. Kofi Kinaata – Martin King Arthur
11. Adina – Adina Thembi Ndamse
12. Strongman – Vincent Osei Kwaku
13.Kelvyn Boy – Kelvin Brown
14. Joey B – Darryl Paa Kwesi Bannerman
15. Mzvee – Vera Hamenoo-Kpeda
16. Feli – Felicia Nina Akosua Tawiah
17. Wendy Shay – Wendy Addo
18. Wisa Greid – Eugene Ashie
19. Dadie Opanka – Armstrong Affum
Believably, some of these brand names are coined from the real names of these artistes but some of them are inspirationally improvised.