The wife of Eugene Arhin, Communications Director at the Jubilee House, has filed for divorce from her marriage to her husband.
After years of marriage and unexplainable change in behaviour and counts of adultery and physical abuse, Gloria Assan Arhin deems it fit to end the marriage.
- Misbehavior towards the family: Gloria stated that shortly after Eugene’s appointment as the director of communications, he started acting in an unusual way towards her and her children.
- Extramarital affairs with multiple women after requesting for divorce: According to the writ, Eugene has committed and keeps committing adultery The petitioner, Gloria said the respondent, Eugene has other women in his life with whom he has extramarital affairs including one Chantel Kudjawu [Getrude Gbajo].
- Unresolved Issues: Gloria in her writ again stated that the marriage has broken down beyond reconciliation and all attempts by both families aimed at resolving the challenges in their marriage have proven futile.
- Physical abuse: Gloria Arhin further stated that her husband has been abusing her both physically and verbally at the slightest opportunity for over a year now. She said he has repeatedly been comparing her with the other ladies in his life whenever there is a dispute or misunderstanding between them.
- Child with another woman: Gloria said Eugene has a child with another woman less than two years after forcing her to undergo tubal ligation, a procedure that makes a woman sterile.
- Unreasonable behaviour : Gloria added that Eugene has up to date moved out of their matrimonial home and she does not know his whereabouts either. She added that he has warned her not to touch anything that belongs to him in the house and not step foot on any of the properties they acquired together whiles married.
Among the landed properties of the 37-year-old listed by Gloria Arhin are: A five-bedroom residential property at East Legon in Accra, a four-storey building comprising 16 separate flats/apartments at Bubiashie in Accra, an ongoing storey building comprising of 16 separate flats/apartments at Tuba-Weija in Accra, and a storey building comprising apartments at Teshie in Accra.
Others include a residential property situated at AU village at La in Accra, a residential building at his hometown of Senya Breku in the Central Region, a waterfront residential property/resort situated at Ada Foah in the Greater Accra Region, and a barbering shop at Teshie.
For cars, Gloria Arhin listed a Ford F150 vehicle, a Toyota Avalon, a Toyota Lexus vehicle, a Toyota Tundra, and a Hyundai Elantra vehicle. In her suit filed at Matrimonial Division of The High Court in Accra, Mrs Arhin is praying the court grant her a divorce, give her the East Legon house, 16 of the 32 apartments, two cars, 50% shares in other properties, GHC2m, and custody of their three children.
Many social media users have questioned the sudden and fast method used by Eugene Arhin to gather such number of properties. Many claims as of 2016, Eugene Arhin and Gloria were in a rented apartment and had difficulty in paying rent to their landlords.
Thanks for reading today’s news from GHKasa and we urge you to spread this news across the various social media networks and do follow us on our social media platforms as well on; Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and more for the latest news over the web.